For this recipe, you will need:
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1 C vegetable oil
2/3 C water
3 C granulated sugar
3 1/2 C all-purpose flour
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp butter extract
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease & flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans or one bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, butter extract and sugar until they are well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mix until just incorporated.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared pans.
6. Bake for approx 40-50 min. Check around 40 minutes and remove from oven when a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Optional: Dust with powdered sugar once cooled.
Never in a million years did I think my kids would love pumpkin bread. It wasn't a thing when I was growing up and I don't think anyone in my family ever made it. My oldest loves it. Every trip to Starbucks includes a Shaken Tea and slice of pumpkin bread. I might be bias but I'm pretty sure mine is better.
It's savory, moist and smells like the holidays. Perfect for family gatherings or brunch.
If a bundt pan isn't your thing, this recipe works well in a sheet or as muffins.